Monday, February 2, 2009

  • Oh my!! I am not very good at this blogger thing.
  • This past weekend we went to St. George for a baseball tournament for Dax's team. It was so nice to get out of the snow and enjoy some sun. His team didn't do to well, they must have been rusty from the break they have had. Dax pitched in 3 of the games and I was very impressed with how well he did. He hasn't pitched much since little league season last year so I wasn't sure what to expect but he looked really good. We about froze to death during the games on Friday night, it is definitely still to cold to play at night even in St. George but the Saturday games were awesome, it wasn't too cold or too hot.
  • Kelton has been taking drivers ed. and will get his license in May, I cannot believe that I will have a 16 year old. I am getting way old!! He is taller than I am and almost as tall as his dad. We are hoping that he will be playing high school baseball but he is to shy to ask anyone about it so we will have to see what happens. His latest hobby is snowmobiling, he has been going with Jason and Ryan and absolutely loves it. This boy better have a good paying job because he wants everything and can't imagine why we just don't go buy it. Reality will set in sooner or later! He is such a good kid, the only problem he usually gives us is getting homework done.
  • Kailee is still taking dance lessons and loves it, she is working on her duet that she is doing with Erika Lovell for the spring recital. She still babysits and has lots of people that just love to have her babysit for them. She has grown up a lot this year, she is not my little girl anymore. I can't believe how fast time goes but she is a sweetheart and never has to be asked to get her homework done, she just does it.
  • Kody is doing awesome, I think he has grown 6 in. since he stopped chemo. I can't believe how tall he has gotten. He still is Mr. Sports and loves to be playing whatever the other 2 boys are playing. We go back up to Primary Children's on March 17th for his next set of scans and blood work. Hopefully they will be able to tell what is going on with his thyroid and everything will come back clear. We just heard about a girl that was diagnosed the same time as him and hers just came back again in December. Hopefully Kody's will stay away!
  • Karl is still working at Stocks and is very lucky to still have a job, they have laid off a lot of people. He is working with the Deacons at church and seems to enjoy it. We can't wait for the snow to melt so that we can get some outside projects done.
  • Keri is still working and the orthodontist office and I love it! I am also still doing vinyl but have had to start all over again, I took my computer in to get it fixed and they had to clear everything off of it and they didn't save all of my vinyl files before they did that so I lost 3 years worth of work, hundreds of hours. I was devastated but there is nothing I can do about it other that start over. I love to do projects and always have something in the mix, I will have to post some of my latest ones. At church I am working with the 10/11 year old activity day girls and it is lots of fun, I don't know how long it will last as our ward is being split again on the 8th.
  • I really am going to try and update more often, I would love to use this as a journal.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

You said you're not good at the blogger thing, but it sounds like you don't have time to blog!!! I can't believer how big your kids are. It goes by too fast. I can't believe you lost all your files from your projects. That is devastating!!

Karynn said...

Dax pitched some awesome games! J.R. and Daelan were talking about it on the way home. And the sunshine was so therapeutic. If only I had brought my warm blankets Fri!

You crack me up about Kelton - isn't is amazing what little concept of money kids have? Jesse always tells me to just go to the bank when I tell him we don't have enough money for something. Either that or "you can use your card". Nice.

I want to see all your projects! I am always looking for inspiration or just plain old entertainment. I'd way rather look through craft blogs than watch TV. Bummer - BIG bummer - about your computer. I would cry, for sure. We've all done that at least once, huh? But the worst is when you have files like that saved - creations you can't exactly replicate.

Tara said...

Glad to see you posting again!! You are as busy as you always were, even more!! Sounds like things are going well!

If you want to use this as a journal (i do) there's a couple of ways to print it - either download it and a company will print it in a book, hit print and it prints everything (sidebar, etc.) or what I do is copy and paste into word - then delete the junk and print everything else in order. It's fun!
Good luck - can't wait to see the vinyl stuff - I didn't know you started that!
Tara

Ryan, Kim, Tyler and Brooke said...

I tagged you on my blog!