Friday, February 20, 2009

New Addiction


So I am hoping to have a new addiction!! I have a friend who knows how to shop with coupons and etc. so she is helping me. I went to the store today and this is what I got.
2 muffin mixes, 13 cake mixes, 6 brownie mixes, 8 cookie pouches, 10 progresso soups, 2 boxes Trix cereal, 2 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch, 5 frosting, 6 grands biscuits, 15 boxes fruit snacks, 6 pilsbury cookie dough, 4 toaster strudels, 3 chex mix, 2 chex mix bars and 5 granola bars.
O.k. so this probably sounds like alot but you have to remember I have 3 growing boys and things get eaten fast!! So you are probably wondering what I paid for all of this, it was $60.25!!!! Regular price would of been $304.65. Plus I have $13.50 that I can go back and spend on anything. This doesn't look like much in the picture but it pretty much takes up by whole bar, there is a ton of stuff. So I am thinking I did o.k. for my first time. Hopefully I will be able to get my food storage built up without spending huge amounts of money. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow!!! That's awesome. I've wanted to start that too.

Thomas Family said...

It has been the big thing in my ward. I have not started yet because I have not been cooking. As soon as I start feeling better it is my plan so let me know!!!! YOur room looks great I am waiting to see what you have done with Kailee's.

Ryan, Kim, Tyler and Brooke said...

I need to go shopping with you!

Tara said...

Where did you get all of your coupons? I'm a coupon junkie! I've never done that well though....give up the secrets!

Jenny said...

It looks like you have it down! You will be amazed at how fast your food storage is built up, and how much you get addicted! Have fun.

The White Family said...

I need an addiction like that. I am super good at spending money, but saving is a different story. This is a great idea!